Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Road Less Travelled

By Rohit Dixit



My name is Rohit. I have autism. I like writing short stories, articles, journals and travelogues. My dream is to become a free lance journalist.

The road less travelled is the road with many Hurdles.

On this journey of living with autism the road has no end to it.
I feel there is lot to accomplish. One road leads to another; out of which I think there is a road that leads to some destination. But I am wrong.

Over the years I have seen people with disability trying to get recognition for their accomplishments. Few have succeeded but many have to travel a long way to reach their goals. I am one of those people who is still struggling to get through many hurdles on the way. I have been working hard to bring myself to reach the goal of becoming a journalist. Oh boy! It’s not an easy road for me. On this journey I am going through lot of difficulties to get through my days. It’s not the work that is hard, but it’s my mind and body disconnection. I am working my level best to overcome this disability. Over time I feel I can overcome my weakness to reach my destination on the road I have chosen.

I started this fun ride with lot of support from my parents, teachers, aides and therapists. Yet there is lot to learn through the road of life. There is so much to accomplish. To me it’s hard to do my day-to-day work yet I am determined to do my work. I am so thrilled to be part of this lovely society that God has gifted to all mankind. Oh boy what a journey it is, the road less traveled is the road of my accomplishments.

Going forward I need to gear up for my new achievements. So much stress to my parents to get me to reach my little goals. Yet it is my journey; with their help I will eventually reach my dream destination.


You can read more of Rohit's writings on his blog Sinking Into Popular Thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment